Committee members are elected at the TBUG Annual General Meeting usually held in September.
The committee is responsible for managing everything we do. This includes governance and compliance, financial management, rides, social events, newsletters, websites and facebook, advocacy and alliance building.
Anybody is welcome to attend our committee meetings. They are usually held on the third Thursday of the month from 6:15pm at the Newstead Tennis Centre. For more details contact us
Current Office Bearers 2019 -2020
President: Ian Howard
Vice President: Malcolm Reid
Secretary: Jon Addison;
Public Officer: Jon Addison
Newsletter: Di McHenry & Jeremy Torr
Treasurer: Marie Spencer
Activities/Rides Coordinator: Di McHenry
Membership details : Gill Basnett and Malcolm Cowan
Representatives on City of Launceston Bike & Pedestrian Committee:
Malcolm Reid and Malcolm Cowan
Representative on West Tamar Council Community Road Safety Partnership (CRSP) and
Representative on West Tamar Highway Safety Committee: Malcolm Cowan
Representative on Tasmanian Bicycle Council:
General Committee Members:
With TBug, you can:
- Participate in social rides and events.
- Encourage new cyclists.
- Participate in working bees.
- Provide cyclist and driver education.
- Promote the benefits of cycling for both cyclists and the broader community.
- Help to improve cycling facilities (bikeways, routes, lockers, rails, reduced hazards, etc.) and increase cycle use.
- Promote a cycling ethic in the general community and raise awareness of cyclists amongst other road users.
Join us to have your voice heard and enjoy the benefits of being member of the Tamar Bicycle Users Group.