Committee members are elected at the Annual General Meeting, TBug usually in September.
The committee is responsible for managing everything we do. This includes governance and compliance, financial management, rides, social events, newsletters, websites and facebook, advocacy and alliance building.
President: Malcolm Reid
Vice President: Malcolm Cowen
Secretary: Karen Hawkins
Minutes Secretary: Peter Wheeler
Public Officer: Anna Povey
Newsletter: Di McHenry & Jeremy Torr
Treasurer & Member Services: Marie Spencer
Activities Coordinator: Sue Walker
Bike Shop Liaison: Malcolm Reid
Representatives on City of Launceston Bike& Pedestrian Committee:
Malcolm Reid and Malcolm Cowan
Representative on West Tamar Council Community Road Safety Partnership (CRSP):
Representative on West Tamar Highway Safety Committee:
Representative on Tasmanian Bicycle Council:
General Committee Members:
Jeremy Torr, Col Williams, Anna Povey, Alison Hugo.
From left, Malcolm C, Sue Walker, Di McHenry, Meg Lade, Alan Johnston, Christine Bowman, Malcolm R, Liz Ling (and Anna Povey taking photo). Absent: Mandy Millar and Emily Goss
With TBug, you can:
- Participate in social rides and events.
- Encourage new cyclists.
- Participate in working bees.
- Provide cyclist and driver education.
- Promote the benefits of cycling for both cyclists and the broader community.
- Help to improve cycling facilities (bikeways, routes, lockers, rails, reduced hazards, etc.) and increase cycle use.
- Promote a cycling ethic in the general community and raise awareness of cyclists amongst other road users.
Join us to have your voice heard and enjoy the benefits of being member of the Tamar Bicycle Users Group.